Volunteer Roles at The Eddystone Trust
We have a range of roles available for volunteers, such as:
Support at testing sessions
- We deliver regular HIV and Syphilis testing sessions across the South West in a variety of venues and are on the lookout for volunteers to support this service. Please contact Naomi Cooper, a Community HIV & Sexual Health Worker for the Trust, for more information.
- We undertake a variety of outreach work, ranging form our Sexual Health Outreach Project for Sex Workers in Plymouth to delivering safer sex products to Public Sex Environments throughout the South West. If you would like more information regarding the Sex Worker project in Plymouth, please contact Tracey Lovelace and for all other outreach work please contact James Mead, a Men's Health Worker for the Trust.
- We regularly attend events all over the South West, such as PRIDEs, Respect Festivals, Colleges, Universities, the list goes on. If you would like more information about volunteering to help at these types of events, please contact Maureen Bromage our Admin Officer for more information.
- If you are HIV+ and would like to help others who are HIV+, then we have a volunteering opportunity for you. Project100 is a national peer mentoring scheme and we are the local facilitator for the project in the South West. Please contact Jamie Styler, our Project Coordinator, for more information.
- As a charity we regularly undertake fundraising on many different levels, be that direct engagement at events, identifying and negotiating corporate sponsorship opportunities, or submitting full grant applications to various regional and national funding bodies. If you are able to support us with any of these activities then please contact Andrew Evans, Director of Operations & Finance at the Trust, for more information.
- Packing resources is a vital service, it can range from preparing packs of safer sex products for distribution to ensuring that our Fundraising and Outreach Teams have the right equipment and resources they need to support their various activities throughout the year. Please contact Maureen Bromage our Admin Officer for more information.
- If you would like to volunteer in an admin role, please contact Maureen Bromage, our Admin Officer, for more information.
When we receive your application form we will contact you to discuss the next steps.
If you have any general queries about volunteering with us please telephone us on:
01752 254406 or email email@example.com
Whichever role you apply for, rest assured you’ll be making an essential contribution to the work of The Eddystone Trust.
Please note: Some of the volunteering opportunities will require us to complete a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check (formally CRB check).